You will need:
· 500 g penne pasta
· 6 tbsp olive oil
· 500 g baby plum tomatoes , (or cherry)
· several fresh basil leaves
· 2 tbsp capers
· 70 g black olives
· 110 g coarsely grated parmesan cheese
· 100 g tinned fillet anchovies
· 1 tsp red chili pepper flakes
· 2 roasted red bell peppers
· 8 oz marinated feta cheese
· salt and pepper
· 1 large cooking pot
· 1 chopping board
· 1 large knife
· 1 small knife
· 1 colander
· 1 wooden spoon
· 1 large bowl
· paper towel
1. Step 1: Heat the water
Fill the cooking pot ¾ full of water, add a sprinkle of salt and bring to the boil.
2. Step 2: Rinse and dry the basil
While the water is boiling rinse the basil leaves under a cold tap. Place a paper towel over a chopping board and spread the herb over the towel. Pat the basil dry but be careful not to damage or bruise it.
3. Step 3: Snip the basil leaves
Pull the basil leaves away from the stalk and, using the scissors, cut them into coarse strips (reserve some for garnishing with later on).
4. Step 4: Slice the baby tomatoes
Using the small knife cut the baby tomatoes in half.
5. Step 5: Cook the pasta
Add the pasta to the boiling water and allow to boil until al dente. This should take approximately 11 minutes. Stir well and leave to boil.
6. Step 6: Drain and rinse the pasta
Use the colander to drain the pasta and rinse thoroughly under a cold tap. Drain and rinse again to extract any excess water.
7. Step 7: Mix all the ingredients together
Heap the pasta into the large bowl and add the tomatoes, capers, chilli peppers,roasted red bell peppers, feta cheese, basil, olives and anchovies. Season with salt, pepper and olive oil to taste. Finally, sprinkle the parmesan cheese and mix well.
8. Step 8: Serve
Present the pasta on a large serving dish and decorate with a sprig of basil. Enjoy with a glass of white wine and some ciabatta bread.